Guy Kawasaki wrote a nice post The Nine Best Story Lines for Marketing, about an interesting book called Beyond Buzz: The Next Generation of Word-of-Mouth Marketing. The book outlines 9 major themes of the topics that people talk about, write about, and care about.
- Aspirations and beliefs (what we are and what we could be)
- David vs. Goliath (fighting the powerful, common enemy)
- Avalanche about to roll (excitement about being up with the latest trends)
- Contrarian/counterintuitive/challenging assumptions (truth to power)
- Anxieties (our rational…and irrational…fears)
- Personalities and personal stories (interesting or inspirational people to emulate)
- How-to stories and advice (practical advice)
- Glitz and glam (promising to be like those who seem to have it all)
- Seasonal/event-related (contextually based on what’s happening now)
Continue Reading: What Do People Talk About?